North Zone’s Official Language Conference
The first regional conference of the Regional Convention of Northern Region in 2017-18 under the aegis of the Official Language Department, Ministry of Home Affairs, organized by Regional Implementation Offices of North-1 and North-2 (North-2) Was organized in
- The Central Government employees from the Union Territory of Delhi, Punjab, Chandigarh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand participated in this conference.
- The main objective of this conference was to award prizes to the winners of various offices, banks, public sector undertakings and city official language implementing committees of the Central Government in these areas so that the implementation and promotion of the official language of the Union can be encouraged.
Industrial park rating system
- Recently, a report prepared by the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) on the Industrial Park Rating System (IPRS) was released by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Industrial parks have been rated on these 4 points or scales: Internal infrastructure, external infrastructure, business services and facilities and environment and security management.
- There is a proposal to implement every year on the IPRS, which will cover the parks spread all over the country. Its scope will be expanded and it will be updated so that comprehensive information related to qualitative assessment and various technical measures can be included in it.
- Not only this, it will be developed as a tool that will help policy makers and investors to take important measures based on demand and need.
- In order to ensure maximum utilization of resources and to increase the efficiency of manufacturing sector, DIPP launched the Industrial Information System (IIS) in May 2017, which is a GIS based database for industrial areas and clusters spread all over the country.
- This portal is a single point center for free and easy access to all industrial information including raw materials such as availability of agriculture, horticulture, minerals and natural resources, distance from important logistics centers, layers of terrain and urban infrastructure.
First hospital in the country dedicated to elephants
- The first hospital of the country dedicated to elephants has been established in Churmura village of Mathura.
- The basic facilities available for treating elephants in this hospital include wireless digital x-ray, thermal imaging and ultrasonography.
- Located near the Elephant Conservation and Care Center, this hospital is designed to treat the injured, sick or old elephants and there is a medical hoist to raise elephants here.
DU team discovered horny frog
A team of biologists of Delhi University, University College Dublin, Ireland and National Museum-UK have four new species of horned frogs from Himalayan regions of northeastern India. Is discovered.
- The team included SD Biju of the DU Environmental Studies Department, also known as ‘Frogman of India’.
- Horned frogs have been named after due to the muscular horns being raised on the upper eyelids of some species and they were discovered from the jungles of Meghalaya and Arunachal Pradesh.
- Scientists named the four new Indian species of horned frogs as the Himalayan Hornalayana , Garo White Lipped Horse Frog ( Megophrys Flavipunctata), and the Giant Himalayan Horse Frog(Megophrys periosa).