Why in the discussion?
In New Delhi on 5 December 7, 20l8 India Water Impact Conference -20l8 (India Water being Impact held Summit-2018).
- The conference is being jointly organized by National Mission for Clean Ganga-NMCG and Ganga River Basin Management and Studies-cGanga.
- This year the conservation of Ganga river basin will be considered.
- Various attempts to preserve the river Ganga will be considered, which include issues like collection of data, hydrology, e-flow, agriculture and waste water.
- In this conference, approximately 200 domestic and international participants from 15 countries will participate, including representatives from more than 50 central, state and urban administrations.
- During the conference, sessions were organized on issues such as funding for plantation and biodiversity, urban river / water management schemes, Ganga Rejuvenation Program for the creation of global ecology and funding for long-term projects from global capital markets. Will go.
During the conference, three major aspects will be focused:
- Focusing on five states: These are five states – Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Delhi and Bihar.Under this conference, the efforts and activities being done for water conservation in these states will be considered.
- Ganga Financing Forum – The Ganga funding forum will be inaugurated during the conference. The financing platform will unite financial institutions and investors who want to invest in Namami Ganges related programs.
- Technology and Innovation – Conducting experimental / expo programs known as the Environment Technology Verification-ETV process. Through this technology and innovation companies from all over the globe will have the opportunity to present their proposals to resolve the problems in the river basin.
About the conference
- The Bharat Jal Impact Conference is an annual program in which the idea of finding ideal solutions to some of the biggest problems related to water in the country is misplaced.
- The conference was first organized in the year 2012.
The most heavily and advanced communication satellite GSAT-11 of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) was successfully launched from Kouru Launch base Spaceport of French Guiana.
- This communication satellite was launched from the European Space Agency’s Rocket Arian-5 (Arian A-5).
- GSAT-11 is part of ISRO’s high-flow communication satellites (high-throughput communication satellite-HTS) group. It is to be noted that the two communications satellite GSAT-29 and GSAT-19 of this category are already in space.
- This is the 34th communications satellite created by ISRO.
Features of GSAT 11
- GSAT will play an important role in providing broadband services across the country. This spot beam technology(spot will beam will increase broadband capacity in the use of technology) and ensure high rate of internet data.
- Under the GSAT-11 India Net Project, which is part of the Digital India program, the promotion of broadband connectivity in rural areas and inaccessible Gram Panchayats of the country.
- It is worth mentioning that the objective of the India Net Project is to promote other schemes as well as public welfare schemes like e-banking, e-health and e-governance.
- Spot beam is a satellite signal that can send the waves of more frequencies in a particular region. It is confined to a particular geographical area.
- The lesser the beams are, the more powerful their signals are. The process of spot beam in GSAT-11 will be repeated several times to cover the whole country.
- On the contrary, traditional satellite lights such as INSAT use broad single beams which are not so powerful that they can cover the whole country.
Source: ISRO website and Live Mint