Dr. Mahaparinirvan Day of Bhimrao Ambedkar
On December 6, 1956 , constitutionalist Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar was killed, which is celebrated as Mahaparinirvana day all over the country. This year 63rd Mahaparinirvana Diwas is being celebrated by Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar.
- Dr. BR Ambedkar was the Chief Producer of the Indian Constitution and the first Law Minister of Independent India.
- He was a great legalist, economist, social reformer and politician.
- In the year 1990, he was awarded posthumously Bharat Ratna Award.
- Ambedkar wrote his last book in 1956, which was on Buddhist religion, the book was titled ‘The Buddha and His Dhamma’ . It is worth mentioning that this book was published in the year 1957 after his death.
- Chathya land situated in Dadar, Mumbai, is Ambedkar’s mausoleum.
Vrishikulasam is an annual festival celebrated in the temple of Sri Poornathrayeesa in Tripunithura of Kerala.
- Sri Phantnatharayas Temple is the only temple of South India where the idol of Lord Vishnu can be seen in a different posture, in which Lord Vishnu can be seen sitting under the five faces of the divine serpent Ananthan, whose folded body is itself Works for the throne for God.
- This festival is organized for 8 days.
- During the festival, a series of traditional art forms and programs like kathakali, ottanthullal, thayampaka and music are organized.
The world’s first telorobotic coronary surgery (World’s first ‘telerobotic coronary surgery)
- A cardiologist from Gujarat, through a teleobotomy surgery, is 32 km away. Siting away from heart operated. This operation is believed to be the world’s first operation through telerobotics.
- This operation has been awarded to Padmashree and renowned cardiologist Dr. Tejas Patel.
- It is believed that this kind of operation will bring a new revolution in the field of medicine. With the help of such technology, high tech medical facilities can be provided in villages and remote areas.
First Homeland Project in Nagaland
- ‘Tribal Circuit Development: Peren-Kohima-Wokha’ project was inaugurated on 5th December, 2018 in Nagaland.
- This is the first project to be implemented in Nagaland state under the Swadesh Darshan scheme of the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India .
- The project costing Rs 97.36 crores was approved by the Ministry of Tourism in November 2015.
- Under this project, the Ministry has organized tribal tourist villages, Eco Log Huts, Open Air Theater, tribal rejuvenation center, cafeteria, helipad, tourist-interpretation center, side-side facilities ( Wayside Amenities), Public Public Features, Multipurpose Halls, Tracking Routes.
Home country planning
Swadesh Darshan Yojana is one of the ambitious plans of the Ministry of Tourism, which aims to develop circuits with special specialty in the country as planned and prioritized.
- Under this scheme, the Government is pushing for quality structured development with the aim of providing better experience and facilities to the tourists while on the other hand economic growth is also encouraging.
- This scheme was started in the year 2014-15.
- Ministry of Tourism has approved 73 such projects of 5873.26 crores in 30 States and Union Territories so far. As many as 8 projects have been inaugurated under the scheme so far.
- The Indian Veterinary Research Institute has created the new hybrid species of pig, the cross breeding done by the indigenous breed of Landes and Bareilly of Denmark, Landley is the name of the country’s most advanced pig species
- The first SkyWalk, King Power Mahanakhon, built on the terrace of 314 meters (1030 feet) high-rise building in Thailand’s capital Bangkok, is its name
- Phone calls and Internet browsing permissions during the flight can be received from January
- Cuban citizens will get first access to access; Cuban government announces launch of 3G facility
- Panama became the first Latin American country to join China’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI)
- RBI keeps repo rate for second time in continuation; Rate will stay at 6.50%
- Ministry of Road Traffic and Highways notified dual-fuel use for agriculture and construction equipment
- ‘Blue Waters Ahoy!’, Released during the year 2001-10, book of the history of Indian Navy; Admiral Anup Singh is the author of this book
- The successful launch of GSAT-11, India’s heaviest satellite, will come in the speed of the Internet
- Dr. B. R. Ambedkar will pay tribute to 63rd Mahaparinirvana day, December 6, 2018
- Distribution of Soil Health Cards under Soil Health Card Scheme (SHC); Ensuring proper use of nutrients for crop production and improvements in soil health
- Mr. Kuldeep Singh, Chief Coach of Indian Women’s Wrestling Team, promoted to the post of assistant commercial manager in Northern Railway.
- The Government of India and the Republic of Peru signed the agreement relating to cooperation and mutual assistance in matters relating to customs
- Ministry of Railways and Madam Tusad Wax Museum signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU); Delhi NCR aims to promote tourism
- Indian woman of Indian origin, Shamila Bato, South Africa’s First Female Chief Prosecutor
- RBI decision to set up expert MSME committee; MSME sector will provide solutions to ensure economic and financial sustainability in long term