Why in the discussion?
Recently under the chairmanship of the Prime Minister, the Cabinet approved the National Mission for Multi-Cyber-Physical Systems (NM-ICPS). It will be implemented by the Department of Science and Technology with a total cost of 3600 crores for five years.
- NM-ICPS is an overall mission that will solve the issues of technology development, investment development, human resource development, skill development, entrepreneurship and start-up development and related technologies in CPS.
- The goal of the mission is to create a Technology Innovation Hubs-TIH, 6 Innovation Hubs-AIH and 4 Technology-based Research Parks-TTRP.
- These Innovation Hubs and TTRP will link academic institutions, industries, central ministries and state governments with respect to the development of solutions in prestigious academics, R & D and other organizations of the country.
- Proposal has been adopted in relation to strategic initiatives to include a suitable group of academic institutions, industry and government.
- For the implementation, monitoring and guidance of the mission, the mission administration board and the strengthening and monitoring system will be prepared in the form of inter-ministerial coordination committee, scientific advisory committee and other sub-committees.
- There are four major areas of these innovation centers and TTRPs with which the implementation of the mission will go forward. These are four areas- i) Technology development ii) Human resources development and skill development iii) Innovation, entrepreneurship and start-up eco system development iv) International cooperation.
- Under this mission, the increasing technology needs of society will be met and it will take stock of the international trends and roadmap of leading countries for next-generation technologies.
- Under this mission, access to cyber-physical systems (CPS) and related technologies will be facilitated in the country. CPS technologies will be adopted to address national / regional issues in view of Indian conditions.
- CPS will create the next generation skilled manpower. Technology-based innovation will be expedited. This mission will speed up the development of entrepreneurship and start-up eco system in CPS.
- Advanced research will be provided in higher education in technology development and science, technology and engineering subjects through CPS. Through this mission, efforts will be made to bring India equivalent to other advanced countries and many direct and indirect benefits will be achieved by India.
Potential benefits of mission
- To help the efficient use of CPS technologies for the benefit of the mission society, central ministries / departments, state governments and industries will help in running their projects and schemes.
- CPS technologies will get a new edge for the nation’s scientific, engineering and technology innovation capabilities. Apart from this, they will support other missions of the government, create an environment of industrial and economic competition and will develop into a real strategic resource.
- The proposed mission will be the medium of development, which will benefit national initiatives in health, education, energy, environment, agriculture, strategy based security and industrial sectors. Apart from this, industry 4.0, smart city, sustainable development targets etc. will also benefit.
- CPS is an overall system of incoming technologies, which gives priority to running with other countries in the race for development. All skill requirements from CPS will be radically changed. Keeping in mind the needs of industry / society, this mission will increase employment opportunities by creating advanced skills and skilled manpower.
- Innovations, entrepreneurship and start-up eco system are an integral part of proposed NM-ICPS, due to which start-up will create technology-based employment opportunities in CPS and related areas. In this way about 40,000 jobs will be created in the short term and about two lakh jobs will be created in the long term.
Why the mission is needed?
- CPS and its related technologies, such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), Machine Learning (ML), Deep Learning (DP), Big Data Analytics, Robotics, Quantum Computing, Quantum Communication, Quantum Encryption Distribution), data science and prediction analytics, physical infrastructure and cyber security for other infrastructure, in all areas widely Anv plays a variable role in almost every field of endeavor.
- It has become necessary for the government and the industry to adopt these emerging technologies to remain competitive, to promote social development, to accelerate economic growth, and to improve the quality of life and sustain the environment. Be ready